How to choose the perfect wedding dress: our style tips
The first fittings of the wedding dress are one of the most exciting moments before the wedding. Accompanying our brides to the atelier and helping them with this fundamental and heartfelt choice is an honor which we will never stop being grateful for. We always keep in mind the look on their face, so full of love and already imagining the future. Whether the decision is immediate, or requires numerous fittings, it is still a magical journey, where what matters most is that our customers feel comfortable, special and beautiful. Together with the boutique staff, we could give them suggestions, but their taste and their feelings will always have the final say.
If you’re here, however, it’s because you would like to find your way amongst the numerous models the market offers, so read the following advice carefully.
WEDDING DRESS STYLES AND SHAPES
A wedding dress can have several shapes and each one adapts to different styles and body proportions, highlighting the right spots.
– The Princess gown is for those who dream of a romantic wedding that recalls a fairy tale. It is characterized by a fitted bodice and a voluminous skirt that highlight the waistline and hide a voluptuous hip.
– The A-line dress is thus named because it features an A-line skirt, combined with a tighter bodice. This, too, is more suitable for those with a narrow waist and helps slim the silhouette.
– The Mermaid gown is perfect for brides who want to enhance their curves. Fitted and often enriched with lace, decorations that mark the waistline, deep necklines or backlines, it’s recommended for tall people with an hourglass body.
– The Slip wedding dress is one of the most elegant and simple. It doesn’t have a rigid structure, but, as its name suggests, it leans on the body in an intangible way. It can also be embellished with embroidery or beads. It’s the right choice for you, if you have a so-called pear-shaped body.
– If you have the latter type of body, you could also opt for a Redingote gown, characterized by a voluminous skirt, a narrow waist and vertical cuts that define the whole length of the dress. It’s the perfect combination of classic elegance and modernity.
– For those without a defined waistline, the Empire Waist dress is recommended. As it’s cut right below the bust, it enhances it with a neckline that can be draped, heart-shaped, single shoulder, American, or decorated with beads and rhinestones, to be chosen according to your type of décolleté.
– If your legs are your best feature, opt for deep slits, short or asymmetrical dresses.
Your wedding dress, as you have dreamed it to be, will be the one that highlights all your best physical features and, regardless of how much it bewitched you the first time you saw it, you’ll know it’s the right one for you, only when you wear it and feel butterflies in your stomach.