2021-2022 Bridal Fashion: 9 international trends that reinvents the wedding gown
The past year indelibly marked the wedding industry, but it also encouraged change. 2021-2022 Bridal Fashion has reinvented itself bringing versatile dresses to the American and Australian catwalks, in order to represent different personalities. From the most eccentric and scenographic styles, to the simplest and most minimal ones, overseas designers have experimented with innovative materials and shapes to give new life to a field that, more than others, is facing the consequences of the pandemic.
The not-to-be-missed 2021-2022 Bridal Fashion trends come from overseas
We watched the most renowned American and Australian Bridal Weeks and identified 9 trends that will be hot in 2021-2022 and that can help you choose your dream wedding dress.
– Short or midi dresses for those who love comfort, combined with elegance. They leave the legs uncovered, highlighting the shoes, for a jaunty, yet chic effect. You can find them on Alexandra Grecco, Ines di Santo and Sareh Nouri.
– Ruffles, high slits and XXL bows, perfect for obtaining a scenographic effect and for the most eccentric and modern brides, who want to experiment with exaggerated proportions, voluminous silhouettes and cuts that recall real works of art. Just like the gowns by Kaviar Gauche, Viktor&Rolf Mariage, Vivienne Westwood and Yolancris.
– Feathers, pearls and crystals that transform gowns into precious jewels, creating movement and light effects to recall elements of nature and starry skies. At the same time, they enhance femininity, letting the skin glimpse through impalpable fabrics. Forged in The North, Made with Love Bridal, and Elie Saab‘s creations are some examples.
– Colorful floral motifs for brides who love to reinvent traditions, with unexpected details that highlight their personality, and who dream of a fairytale wedding. Temperley London has interpreted them with its collections.
– Off the shoulder or puffed sleeves for the most romantic brides, for those who dream of past eras or who consider themselves glamorous divas. They adapt to any material and to different kinds of neckline, such as those designed by & For Love, Mira Zwillinger and Marchesa.
– Square or cowl necklines and backlines inspired by cult TV series such as Bridgerton or Hollywood movies. Like the wedding gowns by Made with Love Bridal, Morilee, Odylyne the Ceremony and Justin Alexander.
– Laces characterized by innovative or geometric motifs, which form extravagant botanical embroideries and eccentric textures capable of enveloping the body and merging with the skin, between femininity and contemporary fashion. Gowns by Daalarna, Ella Moda, Monvieve, Naeem Khan and Alcaline are some examples of this trend.
– Fluid and minimal lines for slip dresses, with their timeless elegance, enhanced by ethereal materials such as silk and satin and modern cuts. For those who are self-confident and live according to the motto “Less is more”. Let yourself be enchanted by Costarellos, & For Love and L’eto gowns.
– Pants, one-piece suits or convertible dresses for those who do not want to give up comfort and their own style even on their wedding day with an outfit that can be reinvented in their everyday life, such as those designed by Alexandra Grecco, Nordeen or Yolancris.
Each gown is unique and whether it reflects the trends of the moment or not, it should make the bride’s heart sing when she wears it. Remember, therefore, to find inspiration in fashion, but also to follow your emotions. The key word is customization, like that we offer with our Hand-Crafted Experience.